How To Become A Dm
Remember that GMing is a privilege, not a right.
- GMs should advance plot or a story.
- Always add to the fun for everyone, not just themselves.
- Try not to use their character in their own games, except as a plot device. Example: You don't want to show off your own character, have them either get KO'd, fight other bad guys off scene, etc. Its just good etiquette.
- Never make advantages for your own characters from your events.
- Have fun, you're another person at the table with the talent and will to want to lead other PCs, be confident, firm, nice all at once to your PCs.
- When possible, plan your event ahead of time and place a date/time in the "Events" forum. This way, PCs can try to make the time slot and join up your adventure, as well as a GM can expect to see some PCs.
Finally, after every event, I'll require GMs to get a scribe from one of the PCs to post under "Events" forum so I can see from a player's perception it was worthwhile.
page revision: 7, last edited: 22 Sep 2010 11:02